Saturday, March 19, 2005

Dreams be dreams

In my dream I was pushing my tongue against the inside of me teeth and they all came crumbling out of my mouth. I think I had two left and I could feel the ridges of my gums where the others had been. When I went to look in the mirror, though, I had little, white new teeth inside neatly lined up and shining. I've had this dream once or twice before; once long ago when I was away at summer camp. Wendy told me later in life that dreams of this nature mean that someone is going to die. I tried hard to remember if the 'dream' summer was the same as the 'grandmother dying' summer but I'll never be sure.

I don't believe in stuff like that anyway.

My mother is boarding a cruise ship today with my aunt. It's the first time she's travelled without my father since well before they met and married in 1975. I hope she gains some sense of independence. I hope she has too many fruity cocktails and gets hit on. I hope she goes snorkeling or sings karaoke.

My reality consists of using the laundry facilities in my building for the first time ever while grading at least ten papers today. The remaining twenty will be graded over the following two days. So far I've failed two students.

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2005 7:57 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

jessica

it's the most common dream reported in the world, if you can believe it. dreaming that you're teeth are falling out. i didn't have it until i was out of university, and a lot of times living in korea...for some reason, i had a friend who told me she had it at least once a week since elementary school...supposedly it means that you have a subconcious desire to return to the times of your childhood (losing your teeth like a kid)...you often dream it when you're stressed or have a lot of new responsibility...so could have something to do with finishing school??

btw, thanks for linking...

 
At March 20, 2005 11:54 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Most common dream, you say? That's amazing. The subconscious is so predictable... Strange though that losing all your teeth is linked to childhood.

Out of interest I looked it up:

In the same way for dreamers, having your teeth fall out often indicates that the dreamer is facing a milestone, a point at which he or she will no longer be what came before. It might be that the dream is saying "Pay attention! This is an important milestone, an important change." Or it might be that the dream is warning you out of concern - that you're not quite ready for this big change, and should take things more slowly.

My pleasure to link - I look forward to living vicariously through you. ;)

 
At March 21, 2005 10:23 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe you can't get through to someone important to you... I have no idea! Look it up, the internet is full of wonderufl things! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home