Sunday, March 13, 2005

And there are no barkin' sparrows!

Hello, kids! Some exciting news: I have found the perfect thing to occupy my time starting after my last exam and ending right before Korea.

Here's the deal.

My last exam is on Saturday April 16th at 9:00 in the early morn. After that I will be free! Talk about feeling exuberant. I remember this feeling of release after my exams in my first year that was so exhilerating it made me sprint back to my residence. I don't know what it was. It kind of disappeared as time went on, but I have a feeling it'll be back this time 'round. I love feelings like that. I love to feel.

Anyway, after that I will return home and do I don't know what until Tuesday the 19th when I will be going to Montreal to visit brother Brian and to see The Shins! Alright! For those of you who are not in the know, my brother is a quasi celebrity in the Montreal music scene. Okay, really he's the planner, organizer, guy-who-books-all-the-cool-bands person. So he's running the Shins show and knows that I like them so he asked me to help. Maybe I'll be their personal assistant. ;) I actually know nothing about the band, but I love their music so I'm thrilled about seeing them live.

Then, hopefully, on the 21st I will begin a 300 hour TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language - or something) course being offered in Toronto. It's absolutely perfect timing. It will occupy my time (and money... okay, my parent's money) until May 25th or so, and then I will be all set to take off for Korea in mid-June. Now that is perfect. I would feel a little apprehensive to just show up in front of a classroom of children without any idea of what to do, so I think this course will be very beneficial.

The course runs every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11:00 to 5:oo so I'll have plenty of time to sleep and do nothing, which I like. Or maybe I'll get a funny job working at Starbucks or Chapters or something, just to keep the cash flowing. My April paycheck will certainly not last long.

So I just printed off my resume and a letter, wrote a (goddam) forty dollar cheque to cover the application fee, stuffed, sealed, and stamped my envelope and now it's ready to go.

Things are happening, my friends. Slowly but surely, things are happening.

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2005 4:14 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

that sounds exciting. i can't wait to get a picture of you in korea :-)

 
At March 14, 2005 6:50 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Is that all you care about? Pictures! Oh me, oh my. :)

 
At March 15, 2005 2:09 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

actually, there are other things i care about... like cookies and ice cream, sometimes, a big old steak, but usually, i really don't care about much of anything... i tried apathy, but didn't care much for that either.

 
At March 16, 2005 9:49 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

that's the problem with today's folk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home