Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I know nothing

I just marked my first paper. It was a time consuming endeavour, particularly since it was actually well done so I had to really pay attention. But I didn't want to give him too good of a mark. I ended up giving him 83%. That's excellent for a first year essay, I would say. Good job, Richard something or other.

For you students out there, rest assured that most TA's probably (hopefully) are more qualified than I am.

I ate sushi today because of some strange and sudden impulse. Mmm.

I also got 80% on my stats take-home exam. Not bad, you might say, for a PhD class, but all my (four) classmates did better than me. I'll just reassure myself that their 5 year seniority has somehow made them better statisticians.

Gotta mark another paper. This time I'll choose a bad one; they're more fun.

3 Comments:

At March 09, 2005 12:38 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Nice to know that I have influence over your food cravings. :D

 
At March 09, 2005 1:27 p.m. , Blogger p.p. said...

Sushi....mmmm...

But, I'm getting Thai tonight.

 
At March 09, 2005 4:00 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thai would be good too. Unfortunately the city that I am stuck in at this moment is lacking in its Thai flavour. Next time I'm home in Toronto I may have to hit The Friendly Thai for some peanut chicken, pad thai, and mango sticky rice for dessert. Mmmm.... I'm salivating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home