Friday, March 11, 2005

Making fun of students is fun

The following quotes are real.

"In 1995, an African American woman by the name of Rosa Parks boarded on to a city bus on her way home from work." Wow, only ten years ago and look at the progress that has been made.

"There is a notion that is buried in our minds at our youngest age that men should only be with women, and women should only be with men." Buried in our minds, you say? Fascinating.

"Just as people choose to be doctors, teachers, construction workers, mothers, friends, athletes, hippies, or anything else, other people choose to be homosexual - and it should be their own personal right." Wait a second, you mean people just choose to be homosexual? I didn't realize that was a confirmed fact. And while I'm at it, there are plenty of structural factors that lead to people choosing to be doctors or construction workers. And mothers. Is that always a choice?

"In the words of a very intelligent person named Shirley Chisolm..." Who is Shirley Chisolm, besides an intelligent person. Is she your aunt? WHO?

Sorry I can only give you so much, but I am limited to the one paper I have with me right now.

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2005 11:47 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I know!! It's ridiculous!! I don't even know what kind of grade to give this person!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home