Saturday, March 12, 2005

It's a man's world

My brother won! He was one of four Apprentice contestants to win a job, and he got the most coveted one at marketing firm JAN Kelly. It was his first choice and I was very proud and happy to hear his name announced.

What obviously irritated me is that the three guys who were possible winners all got jobs out of seven contestants, leaving the last job to a girl. That would be fine if the three guys were all more capable than the four girls, but I don't think that was the case here. No matter what kind of progressions women have made, it still seems like men are viewed as more capable business people when it comes down to it. That's really sad. I sound like one of my students writing a sappy, overly general piece of bullshit that nobody cares about.

Blake takes off for Korea tomorrow! Good luck Blake! Have a safe flight.

We have made a bet that by the time I get there in June he will be dating a Korean girl. So many foreign men end up hooking up with Korean girls while they're there. It's quite the phenomenon. The terms of the bet are that if he is dating someone, he has to eat a (hot) chili pepper. If he's not, I have to pay for a traditional Korean meal. Mmm.. a traditional Korean meal.

I have to get back to marking. The goal is to get 30 finished this weekend and I'm at about 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home