Tuesday, March 21, 2006

School lunches: Tuesday

Let's see what today had in store. From left to right we've got: Ahh, what a surprise! It's the same plate of kimchi from yesterday! And there is another kimchi variety which I have reason to believe is radish, undercooked egg patties, and jja jjang. Ugh, I hate jja jjang. It's black slop made from black beans (I think) and it has little carrots, onions, and meat bits in it, at least at my school. I used to not mind it and piled it onto my rice but these days the thought of it makes me shudder. Except at the little noodle store downstairs. There it's okay.

And here is my, err, plate! Yep, anytime we have jja jjang D'Arcy and I head for the hills. Thank goodness for the recent arrival of Subway in Suji. I have taken to ordering veggie subs here because they are delicious and cheap (2,800 KRW for a small) but today I had a rough one with my kidergarteners - I'll get to that some other time - so I treated myself to chicken. It wasn't worth the extra thousand won. The taste was strange.


That's lunch for ya.

Today I officially faxed in my acceptance to U of T so that's that. Now I have to think about where I'll live and that's been occupying my mind a lot. To rent or to buy.. that is the question. I'll get to that in detail once the lunch series comes to an end.

So long!

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 10:43 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, sort of thinking but not all that seriously...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home