Saturday, March 11, 2006

The yellow dust is coming!!

The director announced on Friday that the yellow dust was scheduled to arrive that evening. We should prepare for it. Expect the children and everyone to be wearing masks (you remember sars masks, right?) Take precautions. Locks your doors. You know.

What is yellow dust? The word is that yellow dust is sand from the Gobi desert in Mongolia that blows over China, South Korea and Japan every spring. How lovely! Some years it's bad and people get sick - eye infections, coughs, etc. Other years you hardly notice it. I don't know what this year's forecast is. Apparently for about a month you get occasional dust storms that last for a few days at a time.

Though it was supposed to arrive on Friday night I don't think I noticed it at all on Saturday when I went into the city. Maybe a few more people were wearing masks than usual (people wear masks when they get sick here), but there was no significant difference. And I got cancelled on because of the dust. Whatever, man.

I still believe it will hit at any given moment. So... I am prepared!!!

Apparently I got this year's stylish baby blue mask-uh. This guy's really taking every precaution with the protective eyewear and ear and head covers. I've got to up my game.


I'll keep you posted on the situation.

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 11:55 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yellow dust is a combination of sand and industrial pollutants that blow across the Gobi desert and into Korea every spring because of the changing seasons. It's gross, nasty and illness-causing. Though you at least have a nice mask;)

--Dan

 
At March 12, 2006 10:01 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paging Doctor Jessica, Paging Doctor Jessica... looks like you're ready for surgery!! But WAIT~~ Where's D'Arcy's mask?!?!?!?!?! Good luck with the dust though... sounds rather disgusting!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home