Monday, February 27, 2006

What do I do now??

Dear Jessica,

I am writing to you as Graduate Director in the Sociology department at the University of Western Ontario. The department's graduate committee has met to review the applications to our graduate program, and we are unanimous in our desire to admit you. You are a strong student, and we would love to have join you join our MA program in the fall. We are currently putting together a funding package for you, and securing the approval of our Faculty of Graduate Studies.

In the next few weeks, I will be sending you a formal letter offering admission, detailing our funding package, and outlining any conditions on your admittance. I wanted to contact you first to let you know our decision, and to urge you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, or if there is anything I can do to make your decision an easier one.

I will be in touch again soon.

4 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 8:14 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How exciting to get two acceptances so close together!

I'd go to the better school for what you want to do, if there is a difference between them. It's absolutely amazing what a difference that can make in your future career. Maybe it shouldn't be, but it is really is.

Is the money they're offering different? If so, that's something to consider too. But really, I'd follow the prestige before the money. And also, of course, going to the better match for you.

 
At February 28, 2006 6:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Good job again.

--Dan

 
At March 01, 2006 8:26 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Okay, Toronto it is! Yes!

 
At March 06, 2006 6:27 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Rena!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home