Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm a gypsy

My kids are driving me slightly insane, probably because I've gotten lazy in this "two days to go until the end of school" time frame.

I'm a pretty good detective so I'm almost sure of my new class. I'll have three from my current class, including two favourites, Yoon and Mindy, and then Alice who I could live without. There are three other names on the list and I think I've met all three boys when they came to sit in on my class. But I also heard that I have a class of four. So I either have six or four kids for now which sounds dream-like but really it's a pain in the butt when they bring in a new kid whenever one signs up.

I'll also be switching classes, so it seems. No longer will I be Happy. Instead I think I'll be Smile. It's too bad since Happy class is the most spacious of all the clssroom's, I believe. D'Arcy and Kevin, according to my snooping, have the two corner classrooms which boast two walls of windows. Sweet deal, I say.

Isn't it completely ridiculous, though, that nobody has told us anything about what will happen next semester?? The new semester begins on Thursday and none of the teachers has any idea what they'll be teaching. Ahh, we're not real teachers anyway so who gives a damn.

Why am I a gypsy? Because my dear dear Wendy sent me some bracelets for my birthday that jangle and I love them. Thanks so much Wend. Your package made it just in time to cheer me up. My kids said "Mexico!" when I wore them to class.

Hmm.. what else have I got?

I went to the gym today after work. I've been going three times a week for the last few weeks and am starting to feel a difference. I can do thirty full situps on the second incline bar of the situp board thing without even a struggle. In March I'm lifting the bar up one rung. My arms and legs have more definition, underneath the layers of blubbery white rice fat, that is. Just kiddin'. Seriously, though, if anyone is curious about whether or not a person might gain or lose weight during a year in Korea, I'd say it's impossible to generalize. I eat a lot of foreign food all the time, as well as Korean food all the time. Basically I eat food all the time, regardless of where I am. I don't think I've gained weight here, and if I've lost any it's minimal. Other people I've heard gain some or lose some so really... there's no answer. Now, don't you feel more enlightened?

I ate about twenty oreos today, but I'm happy to say they're all gone so there's nothing more to worry about.

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 1:03 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Your post made me laugh out loud Jess! You are a great writer! I ate a cinammon bun the size of my head today on top of the mountain when we breaked after skiing. It was soooo yummy, and it was so large that I had to use a knife and fork. Yum Yum.

 
At February 25, 2006 2:48 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I could really go for a cinnamon bun the size of my head, Katie! Hope you're having/you had a great time on the slopes. Were you in Whistler?

Tony, I usually pass everything off as typical and don't get upset about things, but for some reason this time it really got me angry. They deliberately are hiding the information and avoiding questions to our faces. Damn the man!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home