Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm not a little one anymore

I've only ever met one other teacher here who was younger than me. Besides that the youngest is usually 23 (and even that is kind of rare) because you need a university degree to work in Korea, legally at least.

Today I turned 23 so I'm not longer a novelty. Oh well.

To celebrate I did a little shakin' last night, ate some brunch in Suji, and went on a date. With a boy, even, not just D'Arcy.

Last year for my birthday I had a wine and cheese party. The year before, a pizza party at Pizza Hut. The year before I was heading to Cuba. The year before... well, I can't remember anything further back. But I don't really care so much about birthdays in the end.

To answer your question, Carina, no I haven't received any birthday packages just yet(except the one mom and pop sent a month ago) but on Friday I did receive Jordana's Chanukah package which was just on time for my birthday. Isn't that sweet!

And I just got a telephone call from Rena which was really nice and also completely unreal to hear her voice calling from Israel while I'm in South Korea and we're friends from little ol' Thornhill. The connection was clear as a bell.

I also heard and saw my grandfather over webcam today. Kind of neat. Hi Bubs and Zaids!

So that's it. I'm 23 which feels significantly older than 22 somehow. Luckily everyone I know in Korea is closer to 30 than 20 so I'm still young and hip. I just used that same exact line on MSN.

Another week is just about to begin.

4 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 10:39 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At February 12, 2006 10:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!

(from Heidi)

 
At February 14, 2006 4:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jess

Hope your day was great

Mary
your SF connection

 
At February 14, 2006 10:18 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks everybody Shelly, Heidi, and Mary!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home