Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The count up ends and the countdown begins

Five months to go! I can't quite believe it.

About one night a week at the beginning of this thing I would crumple in my bed and wonder how I'd pssibly stay in this cell like apartment for an entire year teaching the little cretins.

That ended pretty soon after I arrived.

I then said that if I got fired I wouldn't much care.

That's definitely not the case now.

Now I feel like it's smooth sailin' until the end of this thing. Except for all the catastrophic changes yet to happen at the end of this month.

In honour of seven months in Korea I will copy word for the word the letter my elementary student Julia wrote for me. She is the best student I have.

To. Jessica teacher
Hello! Jessica teacher.
I am Julia.
I like teacher
I like test
I went Seolrak mountain.
It was very fun
teacher neck sick?
Do you like hamburger?
I like hamburger.
Do you like Jam, toast?
I like toast.
teacher Goodbye~
I lover teacher
Happy Now!
Mang? mang?
2006 1 23
-Julia-

She likes me, she likes me! She also likes tests. Then again she likes hamburgers and jam toast so I guess for the most part she has good taste. As for the neck sick comment, I think it's quite clever of her. My voice was lost when she wrote this. Who knows what is mang mang???

Happy anniversary to moi.

5 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 11:16 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows your neck?

 
At February 02, 2006 7:59 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Much better, thank you.

 
At February 02, 2006 1:05 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

The Korean word for sick is the same as the Korean word for pain.

 
At February 02, 2006 2:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mang mang = woof woof

She is probably trying to imply Year of the Dog.

 
At February 02, 2006 10:54 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Ahh, good to know. Maybe she was saying happy new year. Or calling me a dog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home