Thursday, January 26, 2006

Many many damagee

That's what the hairdresser said when I asked her if my hair was damaged. How do I fix it? Care! Ohhh, who knew?

What a hilarious hair cut experience I just had. I tried to explain that I wanted a cut and a moisturizer treatment, since I'd had magic straight done a couple of months ago. Then I sacrificed the moisture and just went with the cut - much easier to communicate.

I've often seen and heard talk of the over staffed establishments of Korea. It really is amazing to see how many people are walking around Lotte Mart ready to serve you at any given moment. Or how many people are behind the Subway counter. Here I had two women hovering over my head: my hairdresser and another. The only thing I noticed her actually do was brush a bit of stray hair off my forehead. Maybe she was there for moral support.

I always get a kick out of trying to have a conversation with someone when I don't speak any Korean besides my pro food ordering skills and when they are low on the English-ee. It's amazing how much we can actually communicate despite all that.

The hair dresser told me my nose earring is beautiful. Aww, thanks.

People also throw the word beautiful around. And happy class has started the bad habit of using "no beautiful" as a way of expressing anger or dissatisfaction with a classmate. Molly won't share her crayons with Elizabeth? Elizabeth retaliates with a "Molly no beautiful!" that sends Molly wailing. I taught good and bad manners today so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, my hair is shorter but still long and loverly, despite the many, many damagee.

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 10:18 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no picture with the new haircut. How disappointing.

 
At January 26, 2006 11:43 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

we'll see what I can do for ya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home