Thursday, January 19, 2006

Korean Manners Day

Instead of a field trip this month we had a guest come in to teach the kids Korean manners; namely, how to bow properly and how to drink tea. I wonder if Korean kids drink tea. I didn't have the priviledge of understanding the lesson because I don't speak Korean. But I did see a film that featured a farting cartoon character. Gotta love Korea.

All the kids looked incredibly cute in their traditional Korean hanbok dress. Check it out.

Mindy, Peter, and Brian.

Mindy and Stephanie

My whole class except for Molly. Notice the drawing of my dogs taped to the wall on the right...

The boys

The girls.

Aren't they lovely?

It might interest you to know that boys kneel on the ground and bend their heads all the way down to the floor, and girls only kneel on one leg and bend their heads down slightly. I think this was all in preparation for asking for money on Lunar New Year.

3 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 8:22 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

Hey we have that at our school next week! I love seeing kids in their Hanboks sooooo cute! All the teachers at our school have to wear them too did you get to sport one today?? I hope we get some deal outta the deal :)

 
At January 20, 2006 5:39 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I didn't get to wear a hanbok, unfortunately... :(

 
At January 20, 2006 9:06 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, the kids look so adorable! Awww they're like little dolls!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home