Monday, February 06, 2006

It's 9:42. Do you know where your children are?

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

I never would have thought, seven months ago, that my kids would be able to memorize this by now. But, they have.

I have a video of myself as a five year old singing this song so I thought I'd pass it along to my five year olds. My good ol' five year olds who are going to leave me at the end of the month, most likely. I'm sad.

I found out that not only Elliot but Peter, Molly, and Brian are all leaving too. Elliot and Brian to America and New Zealand, and Peter and Molly to new schools. Why new schools??? Molly came to Kid's College without any English and now she's a superstar. Ahh well. I don't know what will happen to my class. I guess we shall soon find out.

It's disappointing to work hard, make real progress with the kids, and then lose them.

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2006 10:03 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

Kermit the Frog at his finest..my kids love that song!!!

 
At February 08, 2006 7:39 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

It is a good one, ain't it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home