Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The day

Yesterday I had until 2:30 off and I think the change of schedule threw off my equilibrium or something. Today I was in an irritable mood and felt like enough is enough. I was just ready to head home. Not that I would, of course, but I felt a little bit sick and tired of being away from home.

I'm fine now, though. Nothing some delicious pho can't fix. Pho sho.

Over the almost eight (!) months that I've been here I've gone through stages where I think a lot about the time that I'll be heading home. I used to think a lot about the clothes and things that I won't bother to take home with me. The thought of leaving it all behind here in Korea and heading home empty handed really made my day. These days I've been thinking about the end of winter and what I can ship home when the mild weather finally arrives. Goodbye winter coat, excess sweaters, and whatever else I can part with for now. Apparently shipping is very cheap (albeit very slow) if I select 'surface' on the form and send it on its way. Anyone know of other shipping alternatives?

Hopefully when I get my new class settled beginning next week I'll have a fresh start for the remaining time here. That's only four months. Four months!

I spend too much time thinking about time.

I hope I get into grad school.

4 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 7:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about that stuff too- I am a perpetual "I Wisher"...I always say "I wish this.." and "I wish that". I always think about time and the future.

You are gonna get into grad school Jess- don't be ridiculous!

 
At February 23, 2006 8:24 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Don't be ridiculous.. I like that. But seriously, there's genuine concern!

 
At February 24, 2006 1:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Lauren says "don't be ridiculous" a lot and it's really caught on with me. It's so nice to hear someone say that to you and then have them explain why things will work out and be fine.

So don't be ridiculous, you're going to get in and you're gonna look back and wonder why you worried so much.

 
At February 25, 2006 2:50 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

But when the person has no idea why things will or won't work out, for example, the quality of your grades or application, then it means nothing!! But I truly appreciate the vote of confidence. I guess we'll have to just wait and see!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home