You know you're Korean when...
The following email forward will only be funny to some of you, and funny is an understatement to those lucky few. To the rest it will be boring, mysterious, or insulting.
You know you're Korean When:
1)You're 12-years old and you don't go home until 10 pm.
2)And yet when you're unmarried at 25, you have to be home by ten.
3)You wrap kimchi around your rice before eating it.
4)You stare like a blinded deer in headlights at anyone different.
5)You attempt to go into the subway or elevator before the people get
6)If you ain't chewing and slurping your food at a loud volume then
you obviously ain't enjoying it.
7)You "slightly disregard" traffic rules. Like stopping at crosswalks
for those pesky pedestrians.
8)You go home and everything smells bad.
9)You think having 4 seasons is really special.
10) You describe any girl over 110 pounds as "fat."
11) Your closet is full of black, brown, and grey clothes.
12) You suddenly want to go to Prague or Bali because you saw them on a
13) You drive out of a blind alley at 60 km/h.
14) you're an "expert" at making ramyen noodles.
15) You try the doorknob instead of ringing the doorbell or knocking
16) You eat more off your friend's plate than your own.
17) You answer the phone with a loud warbling
18) Your favorite teacher is the one that beats you the hardest.
19) The national hero you admire most is the one who has a nuclear bomb
pointed at you.
20) You watch "Planet of the Apes" and you really identify with the apes
or it hits too close to home. Either way, deep down you don't like the
21) You appear to be thinking you look quite dignified while drinking
your shooter of 2 cent booze after noisily slurping octopus.
22) You're dropping a log in the squatter and spit on the floor in front
of you, thus clearing two orifices at once. Korean multi-tasking.
23) You jump out of the shower at the local gym and stand naked in front
of the mirror blow drying your family jewels.
24) You grab the communal toothbrush at the gym and take it into the
shower with you!
25) Even though you weigh 120 you have to try and out bench the 190
pound guy, because he's a foreigner.
26) You think that your mom's kimchi can cure your grandma's halitosis
and your grandpa's cancer.
27) Your cell phone has more than 20 pictures stored on it...of
28) There's more toilet paper in your dining room than your bathroom.
29) You believe that flushing toilet paper down the toilet will clog up
the plumbing so instead, throw your shitty paper in a bin next to the
30) You are no longer bothered by the old Korean lady (ajumma) shoving a
mop between your legs as you stand at the urinal.
31) You view the handicapped-ramped crosswalks as a perfect place to
jimmy your car into at an angle. Pedestrians and handicapped people be
damned- you need to park!.
32) You hang a plastic glove filled with water in the window because you
believe mosquitoes and flies are scared of their reflection.
33) You look at thin blonde women and assume they are Russian hookers.
34) You open all of your windows in the middle of winter and crank up
35) You're standing in the shower at the Sauna and offer to scrub a
total stranger's back.
36) You don't think it's at all weird to share a hot tub butt naked with
a grandfather and his two grandsons.
37) You open the window a crack when your fan is running, just in case
because you think running fans can kill you!
38) You've traveled to various places in the world and when asked about
whether you liked the food or not, you say, "I don't know." "Did you try
the food?" "No. Well, only the chicken. The only food I ate in Germany was
39) You dial a wrong number, proceed to yell at the people on the other
end of the line for not being the people you were trying to call, hang up
on them in a huff......and then hit redial.
40) You do exactly what your boss tells you to do, no matter how stupid
41) You would never dream of asking to get paid extra for the overtime
42) You feel well rewarded for the long hours and sacrifice if you get
taken out for sam-gap-sal (Pork BBQ)and a few hours in a singing room once
or twice a year.
43) You sleep under a piece of oversized gauze and call it a sheet.
44) You put sweet potato on pizza.
45) You think picking your teeth or nose in public isn't polite...unless
you oh so discreetly do it with one hand covering up your activity.
46) You push, claw, and elbow your way to position yourself to be the
first to exit the subway car, and then right after you exit, you walk at a
47) You go on a nice beach vacation, where you sit under the beautiful
shade of your huge umbrella fully clothed, wearing a Darth Vader visor,
covered in sun tan lotion, refusing to go near the water.
48) You eat dog because it supposedly gives your four thrusts instead of
49) After going to the washroom, you wash your hands for 1 second under
ice cold water and dry them in your hair.
50) You open up a new business with an arch of balloons and two dancing
51) You proudly adorn your new business with a sign that reads:
52) You close the business two years later after realizing there were
already ten nearly identical businesses on the same block.
53) You would rather park on the sidewalk than the huge parking lot 5
54) You drive for 5 hours to spend 30 minutes at some over crowded
55) You order a side of kimchi to go with your steak.
56) You ask the foreigner next to you if he can use chopsticks, while he
is eating with chopsticks.
57) You deny that Koreans still eat dog, after the foreigner next to you
has just said, "Last night I went out for dog with some Korean friends, it
was better than I thought it would be!"
58) You think eating eel will give you a hard-on, but eating bean
sprouts will make you lose it, and the reasoning behind both is: "the
59) You correct the pronunciation of the American in the back of your
cab, by saying: "Ahh...you meaneuh Joji Bushi..."
60) You think your foreign co-worker's fridge is full of coca-cola,
burgers, ready-made sandwiches and spaghetti.
61) You think the messages of the Buddha and Jesus are perfectly
compatible with the statement: "Koreans are a superior race."
62) You base that superiority on being a descendent of a bear that ate
63) And you claim the above is only a myth, but you believe it. And that
makes sense to you.
64) No one in your country has AIDS, but "kimchi" can cure it.
65) You are a young man who really believes in a future Asian
revolution, after which you, as a Korean, will be administering an Asian
dominated autocracy in which Chinese labor and Japanese technology are
under your boot. But whitey is way under that, and Africa and Southeast
Asia have somehow disappeared. You perform self-love to this fantasy
66) You laugh at your foreign co-worker's "Brooseuh Williseuh" shaved
head, while pressing down your comb-over with a hand covered in your own
67) Your students try to convince you that Catholics are NOT Christians.
68) Your students tell you that they are devout Catholics but don't know
who the Pope is.
69) You order pizza and it comes with corn and mayonnaise as well as a
side serve of pickles to put on top.
70) You think that smoking in a crowded restaurant (with a no smoking
sign) or any other place is perfectly acceptable behavior for men but
woman who smoke in public are clearly prostitutes.
71) Your students are convinced that music by The Beatles is hard core
72) You see a flashing green walking man in the distance indicating that
pedestrians may cross...and you run at full pelt, as though you were
running away from a T-Rex, to cross the road. God forbid having to wait 2
minutes until the next one.
73) You think that the sink in the bathroom/public toilet is for fixing
your hair and appearance and NOT for washing your hands after going to the
74) You have a terrible cold and it doesn't occur to you that coughing
in other people's faces and food will make them sick too.
75) You honestly believe foreigners care about whose island
76) You think an ambulance with a siren blazing is just another car.
Therefore, you need not make way.
77) You hear the monthly air-raid sirens you are totally unfazed and go
about your business.
78) You stick a needle in your thumb to relieve indigestion.
79) You wear an undershirt with a t-shirt.
80) You own a cell phone with a built-in breathalyzer.
81) Your main purpose of going to the office everyday is to persuade
your colleague(s) into a night of drinking.
82) Low cut, v-neck, floral print, pink t-shirt, shiny jeans, and Paris
Hilton-esque sunglasses are perfectly acceptable items for a heterosexual
man to wear for a night on the prowl.
83) You put corn on/in any kind of Western food.
84) You warn your visiting friends/family about how hot ALL Korean food
is... and check to make sure they can eat it when they're half done.
85) You understand why prior to a given date there will be no heat and
after a given date there will no longer be heat, regardless of the
86) You cover your mouth when you laugh or smile but not when you cough
87) In the winter (-10 degree weather), you wear short skirts, but in
the summer(in +40 weather) you cover all skin with jeans and a sweater
because that's the fashion.
88) You don't wear deodorant because 'Koreans don't sweat.?>>
Who made it this far?