Sunday, February 26, 2006

Holy majoley

In my inbox this morning:

Dear Jessica,

I am pleased to inform you that your application to the sociology MA program at the University of Toronto has been accepted. While we receive a large number of applications each year, we accept only a limited number of students. I congratulate you on the fact that you are ranked highly by the admissions committee.

You will soon receive a letter of admission with detailed information. Meanwhile, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question. I am more than happy to discuss with you the details of your admission.

Once again, congratulations on your admission.


Then I burst out crying and called my mom. I can't believe it. Yay!!!!

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2006 7:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic. Congratulations!!!

So I guess the phone call is to congratulate you and to feel you out and see if you think you'll go there. (They may have B list people to worry about, so they often like to check to see if their A list people are actually going to come.)

Great news! I'm very happy for you!

 
At February 26, 2006 11:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I knew you could get in lil' miss smarty pants!;) I'm so happy for you.

Any news on your other co-workers and their grad school aps?

 
At February 26, 2006 11:45 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that last comment was from me, Dan btw.

 
At February 27, 2006 5:24 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I am still rather beside myself. Where am I? Beside myself..

Seadragon, A list, eh? Amazing!

Tony, what did you study there?

Dad, let's hope they give me oodles and oodles of cash, but all I'm banking on is a TA position.

Rick, "informer, a licky bum bum dedaoo"

Thanks Dan! The other girls haven't heard anything yet so I'm the first lucky one to lose the burden of not knowing.

 
At February 27, 2006 11:45 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I haven't heard of this Friday night bar but that doesn't necessarily mean anything...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home