Sunday, March 12, 2006

Resolutions and pain

I'll start with the good.

I've been feeling disconnected and bored here ever since I found out about getting into grad school. I've been ready to move on. But I still have three and a half months left of my contract before I hit the hills and I don't want to be waiting all of that time. I want to be productive in some way.

So I've decided to reclaim my guitar from Sara and really teach myself how to play. I've always wanted to learn. I taught myself the very basics a few years ago, and when I got to Korea I ventured into Seoul in my first week to buy this cheap guitar. But then I gave up on it after a while. I have the time now, so I'm finally going to get to it and practice every day. Mark my word. I'll make a video one of these times to show you my progress as I go along. If Jordy can knit a scarf (and play guitar, hey, you're my hero!) then I can do this.

Oh, I'll also spend more time in Korea Korea and not Foreigner Korea. As long as I can bring some friends along...

The bad:

My ear started hurting about four hours ago and is progressively getting more and more painful. In fact, it began with just the right but in the last twenty minutes the left started up too. I'm sure it's an ear infection and I hope I can make it through the night decently until I can get to a doctor tomorrow. I have a stash of Tylenol 3's from my June ear infection at least. Boo hoo hoo. I'm sad.

PS: I have hilarious things to tell y'all from last night so don't let me forget! Don't, or you'll be at a loss. A serious, real loss. Consider yourself warned.

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2006 8:01 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your ears feel better soon, an ear infection sounds very painful. I remember when I was young I had one and I hid under my bed because I hated the drops!

 
At March 12, 2006 9:27 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I went to the doctor and though they're not better, they don't hurt too much. They are plugged though!!! Ear infections bite.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home