Friday, November 11, 2005

Peppero blows

I didn't get quite as much as I expected but regardless of that, the thought of another stick of Peppero makes me want to hurl. Friday's here again and I couldn't be happier. Not too much on the agenda for the weekend. Can you believe there are only six weeks before I'll be making my way through the Bangkok streets? It will be the one year anniversary of the tsunami. I easily could have been there one year ago instead of this year. A year's worth of time is nothing. That thought is more than I can handle. I wonder what sort of things will be going on at that time in commemoration.

Everyone is falling sick at work and I'm finally coming around. Though my head is hot and heavy right now, which may just be an indication of my need for a nap before I hit the town tonight. A big night at the WA bar - it's been a while. I'll be sure to bring my camera so I can capture the same people doing the same things under Cass' influence.

5 Comments:

At November 12, 2005 5:26 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

You never know, there could be another tsunami at any time.

 
At November 12, 2005 6:23 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I realize that.

 
At November 12, 2005 1:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When in Thailand, make sure you go to the really big mall in Bangkok, called BKG (or something like that). They have SOOOOOO many fake designer bags that are amazingly made. You'll fall in love!

Watch out for the crazy cabbies in Thailand...they're insane!!

 
At November 12, 2005 9:16 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Katie! What else did you see that you'd recommend?

 
At November 13, 2005 12:39 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally did not like Bangkok and would recommend that you do not spend more than two days there. The amazing parts of Thailand are outside of this dirty, crowded, and noisey city. It's not very tourist friendly.

If you have anyone at home who wants handmade dress shirts- Bangkok has an amazing tailors called BOSS APPARELL. The man who owns it is named Mack and he's amazing. The quality is out of this world and the service is the best. I wish I had, had my dad's measurements or had thought of buying myself something.

Chaing Mai is a really fun place- it's the second largest city in Thailand but it's way more tourist friendly than Bangkok. Plus, it has a great night market and a lot of good places to get massages/reflexology!

I found the people really nice in Thailand except for Bangkok...be very careful about the cabs you pick and be careful of your bags.

OOoo and when in Bangkok, you HAVE to go see the Calypso Cabaret! It's a "lady boys" show at the Asia Hotel. It's amazingly entertaining but really freaky at the same time! Well worth the money.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home