Thursday, November 03, 2005

The next old man to walk by is your boyfriend

They were angelic during gym class. You should have seen them. Then during third period I had eight criers out of ten children. You're not cool unless you cry. I wanted to join in the festivities. Eight!!! Can you believe it? What's going on here? There have been some serious trends in Happy class, from classroom foulings to excellent behaviour, to yelling, to hitting, and now on to crying. Ahh, what will come next?

I am currently listening to the television broadcast of a Korean version of "How am I Supposed to Live Without You?" It's a beautiful thing.

Speaking of television in Korea. All I have to say is that I'm thankful I didn't regularly watch TV at home. Now I can bask in the glory of Friends, Sex in the City, Summerland, One Tree Hill, and any number of reality programs that I missed the first time 'round. When the pickin's are slim sometimes you just gotta settle, you know?

Today's picture is of the old men at Old Man Park. Look at them all sitting there. Being old. Not a bad life, to sit in a park with all your old friends and watch other old people dance around you. Sara danced in that open space there.

Can you spot the women? I think there are about five in this picture. Maybe less. See if you can do it!

When I was a kid I distinctly remember waiting in the car for my father to come out of a store in DDO where the big yellow Super Carnival was, kitty corner from the Wendy's that we went to once right before parent/teacher interviews. My mom played the "the next person to come out is Dad" game. It was an old lady or someone equally hilarious. These days it's my "boyfriend", not my dad, but it never fails to add to my people watching experience.

The next old man to hobble by is your boyfriend.

1 Comments:

At November 03, 2005 10:05 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

those are some fine looking men!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home