Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Some pictures

I've recently read some controversy over the ethicacy (ethicacy?) of posting student's pictures online. Imagine how you would feel if it were you or your kid. I've thought about it. And decided I'm not ethical.

Here is Mindy on her birthday earlier this month. That cake might weigh more than she does.

And here we are together in the obligatory teacher-birthday girl/boy photograph. Peace!

Happy Birthday to Ashley. She definitely had the most elaborate party of the three October celebrations, with pizza and bread and lots and lots of other things that I can't even remember.

Here is Yoon, one of my favourites, minus his usual mischievious white-tooth smile. He just couldn't take the birthday stardom pressure. I don't blame him. It's his party and he'll cry if he wants to, dammit.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all. No more birthdays until December so it's going to be a dry spell for the next little while. I apologize in advance. We will, however, be celebrating Peppero day on 11/11. Forget Remembrance Day, let's feast on chocolate covered cookie sticks! Yay!!!

On Friday I'll be taking the super speed Korean Train Express (KTX) to Busan. It will take only two and a half hours when a regular train takes five. Wow! It travels at 300 kilometers an hour and the only other countries with such super fast train technology, according to the website, are Japan, France, Spain, and Germany. Maybe I'm more excited about the trip than the destination. Will my head be plastered to the seat head rest and my face contorted? I sure hope so.

Today is a special occassion for one and all. It marks the first time my little brother (okay, older but shorter.. mwa ha ha) is moving out on his own with a girl. Good luck, guys. Knock 'em dead. :)

Good morning rabbits, rabbits, rabbits.

3 Comments:

At November 01, 2005 1:52 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Hey, you're coming down to my neck of the woods!

I don't even notice how fast the train is going when I'm on it. The scenery sure does zoom by though.

Where are you going in Busan? The Velvet Underground is one of the more popular clubs. I fell asleep in there once, I was so tired. :D

 
At November 01, 2005 9:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just an aside. I saw your pics... tell D'Arcy I like her new do although when I first saw her pic at the side of your blog I didn't recongize her!
Love reading what you're up to. I just got done my stint with grade 3's... next up grade 1.

 
At November 02, 2005 7:13 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Blake - thanks for the advice. Any other interesting places you'd recommend???

Mel, I let her know. Mellie? Took me a minute to figure out who you were. Good luck with the little ones!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home