Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Daddy

It's my dad's birthday and I miss my family. Hi family. I miss you.

I got back from the teacher's meeting at 9:45. Do you know that that means I spent more than twelve hours at work today? Holy toledo! My boss pays for our overtime at least so it's not all lost, plus we got free pizza. The pizza had potatoes and corn nibblets on it. I like both those things.

We didn't get anything productive done at the three hour meeting, as far as I can tell. The boss-man had three topics to cover; six and seven year old classes, why we have lower enrollment for the higher levels, and why a prospective teacher may have turned down the job. (We're hiring at my school in September if anyone wants a job.) None of which really apply to me since I have five year olds, my upper year classes are all low level and don't use the textbook he was referring to, and who the hell cares why the girl turned down the job. I did give him my mother's list of suggestions so hopefully we can implement some of the ideas. If not I will approach him again and make direct requests for certain materials.

Now I'm very tired because first, I was at school for over twelve hours and second, I may be coming down with a cold. I have a little bit of a stuffed nose and a headache.

Little Mindy came to school with a burning fever today. Wendy did yesterday. My kids are dropping like flies, but they're sent to school anyway.

Happy birthday pops.

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2005 7:50 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

Hey Jess...you up for chillin this weekend??? Let me know..I don't know how to get to Suji and I'll probably take the subway cause the bus scares me :) So I'll need directions..how's Saturday?

 
At August 18, 2005 6:34 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Shelly! I'm up for chilling but Saturday in Suji is less than thrilling. It would be better to come today... As far as getting here, I'm not sure what is the best! Maybe you can ask RL to ask Cam?? I'll email you now.

 
At August 19, 2005 9:49 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! It's Katie Fines. Good to hear that you're doing well. You must be settled in by now but I am sure you still miss home.

I'm in THailand right now for a 2 week holiday and I just got here so things are a little intense.

Best of luck!!!!

 
At August 20, 2005 10:30 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Katie! Great to hear from you! Have a great time in Thailand.. and if you feel like making a side trip to Korea, you have a place to stay! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home