Saturday, August 13, 2005

What's for lunch?

Yesterday afternoon Sara, D'Arcy, and I went to the nearby town of Ori to do some outlet store browsing. We stopped for lunch at a little restaurant and made our order. When the food came out, the woman brought us a few 'service' dishes. I love service! Except when it's this:



Yup, that's a chicken foot alright. More like a chicken talon actually. I tried it and it tasted disgusting, I guess because of a combination of sauce taste and texture and psychological factors. Eww. Sara almost gagged and D'Arcy didn't even risk it.

I'm glad it wasn't "sea penis" that she gave to us as service. Don't ask me what this fish/fish part is 'cause I actually have no idea. Maybe it's really what it looks like.. maybe it's not.


What would you choose to have; chicken feet or sea penis? Tough call.

7 Comments:

At August 14, 2005 1:47 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen anything like that sea penis. If you ever figure out what it is, you have to let us know! Ewwww.

 
At August 15, 2005 6:51 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I know, nasty, eh?? I'll try to find out for you guys.

 
At August 15, 2005 9:52 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, what is that? I'd rather have chicken feet, at least I know what/whom it used to belong to
j

 
At August 16, 2005 7:31 a.m. , Blogger RLB said...

I'd choose chicken feet every time!

 
At August 20, 2005 8:37 p.m. , Blogger Sean said...

Those are seaslugs. I saw heaps of them at low tide on Saltspring Island. Hey Jessica now I can say I saw your blog too.

 
At April 17, 2007 1:40 a.m. , Blogger Charles Juhn said...

haha... i saw that at my uncle's restaurant when i visited... i took a picture of me 'peeing' with one... and as i left they were scooped up to be sliced up and served... :'(

but for the record, im pretty sure theyre some sort of sea creature... otherwise, koreans would be known for their huge flaccid penises!

 
At July 19, 2007 4:09 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The latter is delicious. I like it. :)

Information on the latter creature.
http://www.answers.com/topic/urechis-unicinctus

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home