Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ultimate Frisbee is sweeping the nation!!! Or will be soon.

So I text messaged everyone I know in Suji (all ten people, seven of which are co-workers, one is some random Korean dude we met on the bus last night) this morning in an attempt to rally up a Sunday afternoon game of Ultimate. I don't know about elsewhere but at McMaster it is popular beyond belief. And my brother is an all-star, thanks to our many hours spent playing in the backyard, no doubt.

I digress.

I got one respone - the bus guy - and he couldn't make it. Last minute though I managed to pull together a group of seven (and a half - a five year old might not counts as a whole) people to play, including a Kiwi stranger we heckled off the street.

It was a rip roarin' game: Me, Shawn, and Shay versus D'Arcy, Dan, and Sara. Though my team was ahead at the first break, D'Arcy's team came up from behind and slaughtered us whole-heartedly. Rick, you would have been proud despite the Neuman loss.

Man, am I out of shape though! I was huffing and puffing after one two minute point. But it was great fun for all.

I can already see the teams, t-shirts, and leagues forming. Give it two weeks, tops. Yup. Uh huh. Mark my words.. next Sunday we'll double in numbers from six to twelve, no doubt. I bet you can't wait.

We called it a game in favour of water at the E-Mart and then a heavenly meal at a nearby Vietnamese restaurant that just opened last week. Now there are TWO of these places in Suji.

Another work week is soon to begin...

4 Comments:

At August 08, 2005 1:10 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

There already is an ultimate league. :P

I don't know if Suji has representation though.

This years tournament was in Jeju-do.

 
At August 08, 2005 1:34 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Well in that case, Suji will be on the map by next season. Go Suji go!

 
At August 08, 2005 8:30 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

i hear the rains are coming to korea...batten down the hatches...

 
At August 08, 2005 8:56 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Where did you hear that???? It rained today in fact. Oh deary me! If it lifts the humidity away I'll be glad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home