Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Rollin' with the punches

Some of you expressed surprise at my director's concern with working conditions. I too am surprised and impressed. He really does seem to care about us. We have paid teacher's meetings every Friday where he asks for any input that we may have. He even suggested an increase in pay to compensate for difficult working conditions. As far as I can tell, our job is standard but bring on any improvements, thank you very much!

Chris has been replaced with no problem and life goes on as usual. Funny how quick that happens. Currently he's sipping margharitas in Mexico or laughing it up in a Muskoka chair somewhere in Canada. Or maybe he really is raking in the won privately in Seoul. We'll never know. No loss to me anyway; he was a goddam motormouth.

As is his temporary replacement... grr... but I won't get into that kind of stuff here. Who knows who's reading this.

Things are fine in my classes though I'm a little frustrated with the level of my kids. I'm supposed to do language arts almost daily with my kids and that usually consists of letter practicing on worksheets. They're dreadfully boring but what else can I do? Any good suggestions?

I had a new little girl join up the other day and she had no English name. She cried the entire first day but today she was fine. I named her Molly. Molly was my childhood dog's middle name. I didn't think it would be appropriate to name the girl Corky. Maybe next time. I have plenty of pet names at my disposal, come to think of it: Blacky, Kwinter, Oliver, Shadow, Tigger, Hammy, Mr. Squeaks, Andy, Fozzy, Sweet Pea, Mary Ellen.. what do you think??

Tomorrow we're going on a field trip to somewhere called the "Canny Museum" which is I think either a recycling plant or a museum of recycled goods. I can't wait. After that I have one period of something and then cooking class! What a great day!

1 Comments:

At August 03, 2005 8:26 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Name the next one "Thumper". :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home