Sunday, June 19, 2005

Mr. Kim gives me a ring

I spoke with mysterious Mr. Kim. That's THE Mr. Kim to you. He's so friendly! I liked him quite a bit. Apparently he did his Master's in Washington and worked at Kraft Foods in breakfast cereal until he opened up his Hagwon a year ago. He said he thought running a school would be less stressful but every job has its stresses.

The job he's offering is located in Suji which is 20 minutes out of Kangnam which is 20 minutes out of central Seoul. Suji is fine. There is of course a problem, and that is the hours. The school is open from 9-ish to 6-ish. You teach forty minute classes and have twenty minute breaks (or is it ten?), and you have an hour lunch which is provided for you. I'm really not thrilled about the hours but Mr. Kim does seem quite nice and easy-going. He said (of course he said) that his school is the best and all his teachers are happy and say that this is the best school they've ever taught at. Well then. Despite my reluctance I agreed to talk to one of his teachers. If this really is such a great school then I'm willing to forgo the hours. I think. I guess I can always work until six, sleep for a few hours, then go out after. I don't know though. I much prefer the 2 to 9 schedules.

I'm really not clear on where he got my telephone number from exactly, though he knew about D'Arcy and myself and he knew that I wasn't thrilled about the hours/kindergarteners so I guess it must have been through CWS. Usually they tell me when a school is interested, and Mr. Kim mentioned some other recruiter that I don't know of. All very curious.

So I'll talk to this current teacher tomorrow and see what she has to say. The starting date of this job is July 1st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home