Sunday, June 12, 2005

Back from the cottage

I'm back from D'Arcy's cottage where we swam, ate, and board gamed it up. Fun was had by all but something is wrong with my camera!!! I don't know what it could be. The first time it happened was Friday when I was sitting at the Walmart photostudio waiting for my passport photos to be printed. I screwed in my brand new tripod and turned on my camera. The LCD screen looked like it was zoomed all the way out and unfocused and the camera beeped loudly about four times before shutting itself off. When I got home I recharged the battery and all was well.

Then at the cottage it happened again and the battery was definitely not dead because I was able to turn it on in the play setting to view pictures but I still couldn't take any. I have no idea what the problem is. Do you? I don't think it has anything to do with the tripod. It wasn't screwed in the second time when the problem happened.

I did manage to take some pictures that you can see on flickr if you're interested.

Paul from CWS wrote back confirming the bad hours of this Cheonan job. So I sent him the following email:

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. To be completely honest with you, I don't feel very good about this job, mostly because of the hours. I've spoken to a number of people who are currently working in Korea and most are not working such long days, specifically days that start at 9am. I understand that I'd only be "working" for thirty hours but being at the school for 45 seems like a lot. I told Ryan that I would prefer later working hours when we first spoke on the phone.

I really don't mean to be difficult and I feel bad because you've gone through a lot of trouble already. I also don't want to discourage you from helping D'Arcy and myself out. We're really not that picky! We just want to end up in a positive situation. So I'm hoping you have some other job opportunities with later hours in a block of six or seven hours, preferably in a bigger city like Pusan, Ulsan or Seoul. It is not the end of the world if D'Arcy and I cannot teach at the same school, as long as we're in the same neighbourhood.

Again, I'm sorry if this makes you look bad to the school in Cheonan and I hope you don't give up on us.

Thanks a lot,

Jessica

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't just write us off as difficult clients. Really, he would make things easier for himself if he had showed me the specs of the job before having the school talk to me and get involved to the extent that it was. Let's see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home