Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Another job possibility

I spoke to Paul at Canadians with Seoul and he said that they have a possible job for D'Arcy and I with two positions available at the end of June and beginning of August. It's in a city called Cheonan which is an hour bus ride Southwest of Seoul. There are only 500,000 people in the city so I guess it's small in comparison to Seoul's ten million.

I'm expecting the people at the school to call sometime tonight or tomorrow night to interview me.

So far so good with CWS. They are friendly and quick. And they can't say enough nice things about Blake. Apparently he is the friendliest, easiest to work with guy they've met. Wow.

In other news, I emailed CCLCS to ask them about the repercussions if I don't do my teaching practicum. The response was this:

You will have until May of 2007 (2 years from the core class) to complete the programme without repeating it. After that, if you wish to get certification from us, you'll need to repeat everything (but you can appeal this on the basis of your experience teaching overseas).

In short, if you don't go through with the practicum, you will be fine for a couple of years. You can do it next year if you return for the summer or whenever. I would suggest getting the assignments in (even emailed from Korea after you settle in) to reduce marking fees.

Hmmm.. I'm ever so tempted to jump ship on the practicum. That way, if I return and want to continue in some capacity in the ESL field I can complete it and if not, well then, it doesn't matter.

The job in Choenon starts on June 25th. That's two and a half weeks from today.

4 Comments:

At June 08, 2005 1:06 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Nice to know that Paul can't say enough nice things about me. To bad my boss can't say the same. Money grabbing asshole.

Yes, I've had too much soju tonight.

I'm actually supposed to talk to Paul in 4 hours. That's the middle of the night (7am) for me! Weeeeee!

Seriously, KCWS (Canadians/Kiwis with Seoul) is not a bad choice at all to go with. They've helped me with everything that is possible, and they still are after a few months here. I still recommend them.

You should be able to get a job in Busan with no problems. Ulsan is a little toughter from overseas (easy if you're here!). There are countless jobs in Seoul, so you can't go wrong there. Choose a job that you think is good over which part of Korea that you live in.

 
At June 08, 2005 10:37 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks, drunk Blake. So your boss hates you, or what? Why aren't you blogging about this stuff, you copy-and-paste-blogger-you. Looks like this job is nowhere close to Busan or Ulsan so you'll have to make a trip out to Southwest Seoul if you want to collect on your winnings from the bet. Unless you're secretly dating a Korean girl too.

 
At June 09, 2005 12:43 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Go to the Busan area. ;)

 
At June 09, 2005 6:29 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home