Thursday, June 09, 2005

Little America

They finally called. The school is called Little America. Great.

They asked me the following four questions:

Describe your personality.

Do you like children?

What teaching have you done?

What do you like to do?

Pretty easy, I'd say.

I asked how big the classes would be. They said ten students. I asked how many other foreign teachers they have. They said seven. I asked what the hours of the day are. They said nine to six. Nine to six?!?! That's insanity. I hope those are just the hours of operation...

In three hours I'll get a call from one of the current foreign teachers at the school.

4 Comments:

At June 10, 2005 1:05 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Nine to six? Ahhhh! Run away, run away!

Repeat after me:

I will not wake up until noon. I will not wake up until noon. I will not wake up until noon. I will not wake up until...

 
At June 10, 2005 3:57 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I will not wake up until noon... I will not wake up until noon.....

 
At June 11, 2005 9:09 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

i had to work 10 to 7 with an hour off for lunch...other than that it was TEACH slave TEACH slave TEACH TEACH TEACH!!!

8 hours of teaching a day was more than enough...(but at least an hour and a half of it were overtime) but it's too much...you're voice can't take all that talking and the stress, i went home with ringing ears every night...

6 teaching hours a day is enough...make sure you figure out exactly how many teaching hours are encompassed in that 9 to six schedule...

 
At June 12, 2005 2:31 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks a lot for the advice. I can't imagine working those hours every day. I'd have no time for anything else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home