Friday, June 10, 2005

Getting things done

Since there's no way I'm sending my original degree to Korea, I had to do a number of errands to make a photocopied version acceptable. The first step was last night actually, with an exciting trip to Kinko's. I forgot my passport under the photocopier but remained calm and retrieved it immediately.

Then today I met my Dad downtown so we could have his lawyer friend notarize a photocopy of my degree. This usually costs some amount of money (I think $20). Thank god for connections! I got three copies notarized just for kicks.

Then I went to the Korean consulate to get another notarization.

The Korean consulate in Toronto

This is the Korean consulate on the North East side of Avenue Rd. at St. Claire. In case you were curious.

My degree with notarization

This is the copy of my degree with the Notary Public stamp on the right and the Korean stamp and things on the left.

The Korean notarization

And finally, a close up of the Korean stamp for you curious folk, you.

I emailed CWS about my concern regarding the hours of that job. They haven't responded. I really hope they don't give up on me after one shot like Ben at stupid Footprints did.

I have to pack and leave for D'Arcy's cottage. Yay for friends with cottages.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2005 8:20 a.m. , Blogger p.p. said...

What a hassle. You'd think the authorities in Korea would make things easier for prospective teachers -- by now...

 
At June 12, 2005 4:04 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

It actually wasn't that bad really. For a girl with nothing much else to do, anyway...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home