Monday, June 13, 2005

The joys of unemployment

I don't mind it at all. If only money wasn't an issue...

My camera is officially broken. I brought it back to the store that I bought it from (less than two months ago) and they said that they will repair it but it will take 4-6 weeks. But I'm leaving the country in two weeks, I replied. My only other option is to take it to the repair facility directly and that could take as little as two weeks. Before I do that I'm going to let my assertive/aggressive father try his hand at demanding a brand new camera in zero weeks. Go Dad go!

Did I mention that I'm a quitter? I called my doctor to make a "pre-Korea" appointment and the only date I could get was next Wednesday, when I am supposed to be doing my TESL practicum. Eureka! The perfect excuse to back down on the final component of the program. If, when I return from Korea, I decide that I want to stay in the ESL field, I can complete it then. If not, I will leave the field and nothing will be lost. Dumb decision, I know, but what can I say.

How come I've seen people spell Korea with a C? What's that about?

And to conclude this post, I've finally come up with a solution to my annoying nail-biting habit. (By the way, I have an annoying nail biting habit). It hit me when I suffered from my last cold and ear infection. If I simply think in terms of germ digestion, hopefully I'll be much less inclined to stick my grubby fingers in my mouth all the time, especially with the rumour that sickness strikes the new English teacher hard. I haven't bitten my nails in over a week. It's time to bring out whatever germ-a-phobe tendencies are lurking deep within my public toilet sitting, finger licking, drink sharing self.

5 Comments:

At June 14, 2005 9:22 a.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

man, i used to bite my nails too... i still do it sometimes, but not to the extent that i used to... i still have to fight the urges especially when i am nervous...

 
At June 14, 2005 9:43 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

How did you stop? How?!? So far this germ idea seems to be working but I doubt it'll last long.

 
At June 15, 2005 8:23 a.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

like i said, i still have to fight the urges... my main problem was my thumbs, the other fingers were easy to stop biting. so, i started to put a band-aid on my thumbs. it looked silly, but that's what i did. once my nails got to the be normal looking (this takes a long time depending on how badly you have been biting your nails), i stopped biting them. i still have to keep reminding myself to either play with my stress balls or twirl my pencil to keep my hands occupied when i am nervous or anxious....

 
At June 15, 2005 9:57 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

korea was once spelt with a 'c' on old maps...it's outdated...should be spelt with a 'k'

 
At June 15, 2005 5:26 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Good to know, good to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home