Sunday, May 08, 2005

Trying and Mother's Day

I saw a really good play last night at the Berkely St. Theatre. It was about the friendship between an old and near death man and his young secretary. His grounchiness reminded me of my grandfather. His forgetfulness reminded me of my grandmother.

My grandparents returned to Montreal on Friday and it was with a lump in my throat that I bid them goodbye. They're aging and I'm leaving for a long time. I hope they stay healthy. I hope my grandmother remembers me upon my return. It was a different goodbye than it usually is.

The man in the play speaks of the death of his father when he was only a small child and then the death of his son at the age of six. "It's a terrible thing when the people in your life who are supposed to love you leave you."

For mother's day we pulled out all the stops and made a photo album filled with Corky, my recently deceased dog. From puppyhood to her last ice cream cone, we put as many pictures in there as we could. Seeing photos of myself at the age of 9 struck me. She was around for quite a while. We got the tears we wanted out of mamma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home