Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Hanging in there

Nothing too much has been going on. It's summery. As in summer-time-like. I've assembled the hammock. All is well.

My teaching simulation went well, I think, though tomorrow I'll get written criticism from my teacher. She seems strict, but we'll see. The common compliment that I received is that I seemed very natural. Danielle told me that I have the personality of a good teacher. Interesting. I think I just thrive on attention. Hence the blog, love of karoake, and spotlight related jobs like swim instructor, tour guide, and TA. Ah well. If you've got it...

Today is Israel's birthday and the Jewish film festival in Toronto is in full swing. Wendy and I went to see two very interesting films yesterday, one of which was about people betting on suicide bombings as a means of coping with the loss of loved ones. I wonder if that really goes on. The film depicted an underground type bar with big screens showing news reports. The betters were waging large sums on the next location, the number of deaths, and that kind of thing. It's really sick. We were going to go to a club for Yom Ha'aztmaut, Israel's birthday, but other things, like America's Next Top Model, took precedence. It's sad. Really I'm just tired from waking up at 6:15 to help my dad at his office. I don't know how my parents do it.

Go Naima go!

Hey, did you see that Natalie Portman shaved her head for some movie role? Nuts to that!

We also didn't go because Wendy pulled one of her "just didn't call" stunts. Tsk tsk Wendy. 'Tis okay, I didn't wanna anyway... Madison on Friday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home