Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day

Deep breath. Two months left. How does this happen? I try not to dwell but it occupies me.

Two months is also nine weeks. It's eight weekends. It's 42 work days. I haven't calculated the hours. That would be going overboard.

When talking about my anticipation of going home a friend said "so I guess you're not going to travel abroad again anytime soon." That's not at all true. My desire to travel has nothing but multiplied. It's the whole living away from home for such a long period of time, and working in a job that I don't love, that's got me itching to get going. I want to be with the people I choose spending my time doing the things I choose. I plan to travel and travel some more very soon. Ideas for South America summer 2007 are already swirling in my head. And weekend trips to North American cities in the interim.

Yesterday I experienced a moment of panic when I realized how fast time was going by. Have I forgotten something? Will I leave here and kick myself for not doing or seeing something very important? Likely. So what should I do?

Spring makes me feel like I'm happier than I've ever been. So does the song that's playing right now (Brother's on a Hotel Bed by Death Cab for Cutie.)

I've been slowing down with the guitar because I'm tired of my stack o' songs and don't have any others in mind to learn. Perhaps I'll eat a banana.

Sometimes when I try to compare Korea to Canada I forget the details of home. Imagine that.

This is where I was about a year ago. Anxious just as I am now. I should learn to relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home