Saturday, April 22, 2006

O Korea

Today I was treated to an apparently common sight in the land of the morning calm, though it was my first time yet.

A man was squatting at the side of the road with his toddler daughter in his arms, also in a squatting position, peeing. In mid air. Pretty cool. The rest of the family waited patiently in the car and looked at me with interest. I smiled. I don't think it's crazy that your daughter is peeing on the side of the road. I have a vivid memory of doing the same thing along the 401 as a girl.

Speaking of which, on Friday little John brought a stag beetle in for show and tell. I've never seen anything quite so ugly. Where did he get such a horrendous pet? At Lottemart today I saw those fat, juicy, white slugs for sale in the pet department. I stopped for a closer look and a father with his daughter gave me a chuckle. I smiled. I don't think it's crazy that people want these things for pets. I'm just lying.

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 5:52 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

I was in Costco eating with some friends after we shopped and at the table next to us a lady stood her son up on the table pulled down his pants and pulled an empty bottle of her bag and well..you can guess what happened..the weird thing was the bathroom was about 2 feet away. Sometimes this country puzzles me.

On a different day I saw this same scenario on a subway. Maybe peeing in empty bottles is normal here? I don't know.

 
At April 23, 2006 6:43 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I've heard of this scenario happening all the time.. gotta love it!

If you've gotta go, you've gotta go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home