Sunday, April 16, 2006

Cherry pickin' and thick steak

Bright and early on Saturday morning we all met in downtown Suji (see photo below) to board one of the Kid's College buses and head off for a day and night in the mountains. In October we went to a beautiful resort somewhere northeast of Suji called Vivaldi Park. I don't know what the purpose of these trips are but the director says that it's common in Korea for the boss to take his employees away like this. I don't mind at all because it's a chance to see a part of the country I might not otherwise have access to.

On the way we stopped at a little temple (national treasure number 131) which boasts the country's biggest Ginko tree (natural treasure number 30). Pretty amazing. It was kinda big but it didn't wow me. What a good view the bird living in that nest must have.

The temple itself was quite lovely.
It had a blue/green motif which was a nice aesthetic change from the usual blue/green/red one. I liked it.
Here are most of the Kid's College teachers from left to right: Kevin, Diego (who is Jennifer's husband and doesn't work with us), Jennifer, me, D'Arcy, Kierstie, and Barbara. Missing are Sara and Tara (the new-new girl - who is doing fine, by the way.)

Once we arrived at the resort we did the usual akward who-sleeps-where and what-do-you-want-to-do dance that almost makes this kind of thing not worthwhile. The resort had a lot less to do than Vivaldi. Someone made the executive decision to play basketball so we hit the courts. I was hesitant, really, because all I've ever really done with a basketball is play "21" or "bump" in gym class and/or the driveway. It turned out to be fantastic! We played for almost two hours and I'm really not half bad! Who knew that my six foot tall-ness would be such an asset... no wonder that's the first question I get whenever I meet someone new. We drew a crowd of spectators who weren't shy to take pictures and videos of our mad skills.

The rest of the time we spent eating. One of my co-workers orchestrated two fabulous, Costco inspired Western meals: a barbecue with incredibly tasty steaks, sausages, and pasta salad, and a breakfast with the works. See for yourself. It was great.

As I said, the resort was nothing compared to Vivaldi, but it was still a nice place. Too bad I don't pay attention to the names of things these days. Also too bad my bed on the floor and my hard as rock rice-stuffed pillow, along with the basketball, left my body feeling like a bit of a wreck this morning. Ahh well.

Overall, a very nice weekend indeed. I am happy. And do you know what?
There are two and a half months left.

6 Comments:

At April 16, 2006 6:52 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, You look adorable and what a nice sweater.

 
At April 16, 2006 7:16 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Aww, thanks Mom.

 
At April 16, 2006 6:31 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Same to you, rand! It's getting down to the wire!

 
At April 16, 2006 7:03 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me too well, my dear. Mom

 
At April 17, 2006 7:05 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I do, and I think it's been worth the expense. I never even come close to reaching the monthly limit and I upload like crazy.

 
At April 17, 2006 8:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sexy as usual.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home