Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Candy and flight plans

I haven't gotten any mail in a while. In case you lost my mailing address...

Jessica
Yong-in, Sanghyun-dong
257-1 IT Plaza
Kid's College
449 130
South Korea

I like letters, chocolate, candy, doritos, postcards, love notes, and fan mail. Or nose studs, pictures, mix CD's, and tshirts. No more Lipton's chicken soup!!! Reese's peanut butter cups, mini eggs, lik 'm aid, and chocolate covered almonds are difficult if impossible to come by. I'm feeling candy deprived. The chocolate here is sub-par. Crunky and Ghanna've got nothing. They do have Snickers everywhere but not Mars.. why not Mars? My aunt sent me a package for my birthday (in February) and everyday I hope that it has arrived. Maybe I should give up hope. Maybe tomorrow it will be here.

I have a big, huge box to send home to Canada full of winter stuff and stuff I won't be needing anymore for whatever reason. I'm waiting until I'm sure I won't need my jacket anymore. For the last four days I haven't needed it. Am I in the clear? Can I send my box? I can't wait to send my box.

I spent the last while looking up flights and trying to figure things out for the summer but I'm no further ahead than before. We're wondering if it's worth heading from Vietnam to Laos, or instead cutting back into Thailand and going to a place we didn't see in December. Phuket (after Bangkok) hardly did it for us. And will it be a better idea to fly from Korea to SE Asia and then directly home, or to get round trip ticket from Korea and then fly home from here. Anyone? Anyone?

6 Comments:

At April 12, 2006 1:19 p.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

cheap cheap cheap flights are to be found on the khao san road...i'd wait...you never know exactly how long you're going to want to stay...

 
At April 12, 2006 6:20 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

cheap flights to Toronto? Or cheap flights within the area? I guess it doesn't matter since the return home is on my boss' shoulders.

 
At April 13, 2006 6:05 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

a lot of the teachers at my school that finished up in March travelled around Asia then came back to Seoul and flew home from here on the school's dime. Not sure if your boss would be cool with that but it worked well for them.

 
At April 13, 2006 8:18 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

What? Crunky bars rock! They're my favourite chocolate bar. They even have then in Japan! Yeah for Lotte!

 
At April 13, 2006 8:52 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess! We're on our way to Montreal! I'm so excited. I'll pick up a postcard for you while we're there.
ps Please never put up a picture like that of me and rick.

 
At April 13, 2006 6:47 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Shelly, I think he'll be cool with it.

Blake.. Crunky is alright but it's so thin. I like some depth to my bar.

Carina, have a good time in Montreal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home