Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm totally crazy

I bought another big box at the post office on the way home from work today and it's already (too) full of stuff to send home. Why am I packing already? I'll use the excuse that the sooner I send this stuff the sooner it will get home - apparently surface mail takes about three months. Really I just can't wait! To travel, to go home... ahh.

For those considering coming to Korea I have a piece of advice for you. If you intend on traveling after your contract is up, pack your stuff in a collapsable bag (like a hockey bag or a big duffel bag). That way you can fold it up and stuff it in a box that you send home via slow boat. My first very big and heavy box only cost fourty bucks to send home. D'Arcy is having problems thinking about how to send home her large suitcase.

Tomorrow after work Darce and I are heading to Gyeonju, the once capital of the Silla dyanasty. I don't know anything about that but I'll come home full of good information, maybe.

4 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 12:42 p.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

hey jessica

you can check out my pictures from my trip to gyeongju or kyeongju or whatever...

My Kyeongju Gallery

it's a very cool city...unfortunately you've probably missed all the cherry blossoms that make the city so beautiful) the mound tombs are kind of neat and definitely the seokgulam grotto...it's quite a hike though, so bring your boots...

if you have your digital camera and keep it low with the flash off, you maybe able to sneak a photo at the buddha of the grotto...it used to have a crystal in it's forehead that shone light over the town during sunrise but it's now missing...photos are forbidden...

 
At May 25, 2006 9:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! Long time since I've looked at your blog but it looks like you are still up to fun and exciting things! I'm keeping busy at work and having lots of fun with friends on Toronto's patios!

 
At May 25, 2006 10:24 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in Korea right before I left my boyfriend and I mailed two of our suitcases home, regular surface mail. It took about 2 months to arrive in Canada and it wasn't too expensive at all! The only thing is that it can't be over a certain weight...I can't remember for the life of me what the weight is though...sorry! I hope your friend can figure something out. :)

 
At May 28, 2006 9:08 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

THanks Kiran, I did check it out... I didn't go to the grotto though.. too lazy!

Hey Katie! I'm jealous about the patios!!!

Thanks for the info, anonymous.

Tony, you're right! They were so expensive! I spent eleven thousand on a cab!!! Grrr...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home