Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Teacher's Day

May is family month in Korea and in the past couple of weeks we've celebrated Children's Day and Parent's Day. Maybe I've even missed some days.

All I know is today was Teacher's Day! I got a few nice gifts though I can't say I raked in like some of my coworkers. Damn only having seven kids registered in my class. That's what I'll blame it on...

What I did get was the funniest card of all time. You doubt me? I'll show you.

Here it is from the front looking innocent and cute. That bear has a nice present in its paws. I like presents.

Oh oh. I smelled trouble as soon as I turned this baby over. Are those... butt cheeks?? Sure are. And you know what those two side tabs are, dontcha?

It's DONG! You pull the tabs and blam, out pops the good ol' swirl of poop that everyone loves in this country. Little Sue's mom thought this card would be a good one to send to her child's teacher. That's cool - I have nothing against poo, I guess.

From now on I will be scouring the shelves of every paper store in the country in pursuit of a lifelong collection of these cards to send to one and all for every possible holiday. Hey, I just this second remembered that I once bought a box Christmas cards where the dog eats a candycane and then his poo is striped red and white. I fit right in here in Korea.

In other hilarity, today D'Arcy's kid Philip said after a hot and sweaty gym period "I'm raining."

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 7:45 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hello Adem.. it is, isn't it? Stroll through anytime you like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home