Friday, May 12, 2006

Shake it to the left...

I'm so happy it's Friday. I can't take any more of that piercing whine that haunts my days and sometimes my dreams. In my most recent dream I was in the sun and getting a sunburn. I didn't mind at all.

D'Arcy and I are lucky enough to have similar levels of classes these days. We combine for music and sometimes other things. In the last few weeks we've played follow the leader, the wonderball, and limbo. It's pretty funny to look up from dancing and singing like a moron, trying to entertain five year olds with limited attention spans, and see yourself and your good friend from university beside you, in Korea. Sometimes you forget where you are.

I got a new wave of excitement about my upcoming school year when a professor at U of T emailed me to see if I'm interested in applying to TA and RA for him. I never thought I'd be personally contacted by the professors so that makes it nice. He seems to be a well known name in Sociology specializing in immigration so that's exciting. I've never actually taken a formal course in the subject but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I haven't mentioned that I started taking bellydancing this week. I'm going with a bunch of coworkers twice and week and it started on Monday. So far so good! It's a lot of fun though I'm not particularly graceful (never have been). I can shake it and I can remember routines, at least. It's been a while since I've taken a class like this and it reminds me of being a kid. Except that the instructor doesn't speak English. And I spend the whole hour class looking at her tiny little butt and stomach and when I glance ahead at my reflection I feel like I'm at the carnival looking into one of those terrible mirrors that spreads you out to double your real width. Ahh, bellydancing... does wonders for the self esteem.

I have nothing much planned for the weekend except to mail my box and clean my apartment. Let's see if I'm successful.

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 3:55 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bellydancing! So fun! I took stripercize classes with my close friend on Wednesday nights for eight weeks! LOL I'm sure you're having lots of laughs

 
At May 14, 2006 8:43 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

we certainly are!!! Especially since the teacher can't speak English. To tell us to suck it in and then push it out she says "hungry.. fat"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home