Thursday, May 18, 2006

Burgerlicious

This evening I ate at Lotteria, the fast food burger chain of Lotte infiltrated countries. It was my first time and I was on a mission so I chose the first burger set I saw that wasn't some insane-o triple decker creation. I chose the bulgogi burger which I hoped meant a regular burger. Bulgogi is meat that's marinated in a sweetish sauce. I don't know why I didn't consider this a little bit more carefully. It was disgusting. A bad tasting patty with nasty sauce and mayo and a limp bit of lettuce. I was less than impressed. The fries and Pepsi were tasty, but I couln't do the burger. I'm not one to throw out food usually, believe you me. Just a warning to you all: avoid the bulgogi burger.

Then I had a hilarious conversation with a salesman at Technomart. He spoke Korean speedily and threw in a few English words here and there when he could, but we managed to understand each other, I think. He said he likes to eat cow intestines and also pig legs. I asked him if he's ever been to Canada or America and he said "I only like Korea." He meant it too. I asked him if he thought Korea would win the World Cup. He said "no, they'll rank 16th." I have more faith.

We talked about making plans to eat galbi and drink soju together.

Tae Han Min Guk!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2006 9:19 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

ha ha, thanks Rand!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home