Wednesday, March 22, 2006

School lunches: Wednesday

There's a more interesting post below this that doesn't have to do with school lunches.

Let's look at today's spread. Oh look! Kimchi!! Today was actually quite impressive with two favourites of mine: some kind of tasty meat and some kind of tasty potato. Mashissoyo! Also there is cole slaw which is a rare occurence. It's nice to have cabbage in this form but do they HAVE to lay the mayo on that thick all the damn time? Why? With many foods here there is a tendency to be very sauce heavy, and this coming from a girl who loves her sauce. Even sushi rolls get drenched in a ranch or mayo-type dressing. Don't even get me started on green salads if you're lucky enough to come across one somewhere.

Here is my plate. I also quite like this tofu-heavy soup. Never before did I enjoy tofu but these days I find it to be quite a pleasing addition to my regular diet. I supplemented this lunch with a small bag of peppero courtesy of a new little kindergartener of mine who has been bawling uncontrollably the past two days. Save me.

Two more days until the weekend when I'll have to make my own lunch. Oh, how will I manage?

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 9:17 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

I wish we got lunch...ur lucky

 
At March 22, 2006 2:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They eat potatoes in Korea?

 
At March 23, 2006 5:23 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I am lucky.. that they eat potatoes in Korea.

You should see their potato chip industry. It's nowhere as lucrative as ramyeon (ramen noodles) but it's substantial enough. If only they had Doritos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home