Friday, March 24, 2006

School lunches: Friday

Thank god it's Friday. I hate teaching and can't wait to be finished with it. There it is. I have two new kids in my kindergarten class and they are sucking the life out of me! Right out! I have no more life. There is a good reason that teachers have summers off and all the other things we call perks. I wish I had a March break.

Ahem.

Today's lunch was good and I have to say that of all weeks to photo-document, this has been rather spectacular. Not once did we have a lunch with only rice and kimchi, an occurence that easily comes up twice in one week. Maybe the cook noticed my camera in her kitchen and pulled up her socks.

Today we had saucy and battered chicken (not too appetizing for some but a winner in my books), kimchi, lotus root, and kimchi.
Here is my plate. That lotus root is damn tasty, if that's what it really it. I don't know how it's prepared or what it really is but it is a real delicacy. I recommend it. And the crumbly tofu soup is also fantastic, though it's probably the left over tofu from lunch two days ago. All in all, a decent lunch.

I'm so glad to see Friday roll around after a bad, but quick, week. I can't think of any other job that would bring me to boiling point as often as this job, if ever. It can't be good for my health, or eye bags.

It's the WA bar's closing night tonight. What will become of the Suji foreigner scene??

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 2:24 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to leave you teaching job in Korea in good terms or bad? Your true character come out the last few weeks there.

William

 
At March 25, 2006 2:38 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hi William,

I've been through rough patches before and it always gets better so I'm not giving up on this. I have three months to go.

I think whatever happens I will leave this job on good terms. Though I struggle it has been a very positive experience for me. I have grown comfortable interacting with and bonding with children and have confirmed that I "like children". I have also confirmed that while I like the interaction, I do not like the behaviour management and teaching part of it, or the long hours, little vacation time, etc. If I could spend all my time talking and playing with them it would be a different story.

As it is now, I'm burnt out and lacking motivation.

I hope I answered your question. If not, feel free to expand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home