Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cough, Cough

I thought I might be lucky enough to beat the odds and avoid getting sick this year. Working with three year olds, it shouldn't be too difficult, right? I can feel the sore throat creeping in and my head is feeling a bit heavy. I just took two large vitamin C's and bought some special vitamin C drinks so maybe I can keep this cold at bay. This makes me the fourth teacher at my school to fall victim to this virus.

In other news, I have a reservation to fly to Ho Chi Minh City on December 23rd. That's Vietnam, people. Peanut sauce here I come.

Oh, and field trip tomorrow! The World Cup Memorial Museum - should be fascinating. South Korea is still basking in the glory of hosting World Cup in 2002, I think it was.

4 Comments:

At September 14, 2005 8:14 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I was doing in Korea when I was there - going to the World Cup. Trust me, they looooooooved it.

I was very happy the US / Korea game was a tie, because then all of their mobbing and dancing in the streets didn't sting too much and they were happy to include us. :)

It was pretty amazing to go to a Korea game in Korea. The stands were filled with red (or really, I think it's hot pink) and the hugest flag I've ever seen. And their chant still goes through my head even now, though I don't think I can spell it. It's something like "Pilsan Korea"... do you know what it means?

 
At September 14, 2005 8:28 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

No, I don't know what it means but maybe it's the same as the song my kids have been singing lately.

"Ohhhh, pisan Korea.. Ohhhh, pisan Korea... etc, etc."

Hmm... I'll try to find out the details tomorrow.

 
At September 15, 2005 7:51 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means Korea wins, or Korea will win

 
At September 15, 2005 5:56 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the song!

Thanks for the translation, whoever anonymous is! I thought it was just something like, "hey we're Korea". :)

You know what's weird though is that they chanted it at ALL games, whether Korea was on the field or not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home