Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A brilliant sky

I've been complaining about the routine of my life a little bit lately, but sometimes the same old landscape takes my breath away. The towering apartments and the colourful signs are easy to get used to. All it takes is the sky to remind me of how unusual they actually are for me.


For the entire first month that I was here the sky looked just like this picture. Grey and dull. Never was there a ray of sunshine or a crack of blue to lift my spirits. I had to go along with the kids when they said it was "sunny today". Sunny? Where?

Then sometime in mid August the clouds broke and sun began showing itself. This pleased me to no end! It's amazing how a blue sky can make my day. Or a collection of white, not grey, clouds.

This picture was an amazing novelty, and everyone at home thought it looked cloudy and grey.

Then the sun really came out.


This Friday was perhaps the best of all - an orange sunset highlighting the polluted Suji river! Breathtaking! What will be next?

Almost the same as the bridge through my neighbourhood at home. Minus the river. And the looming apartments.

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2005 8:36 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Post away, my friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home