Friday, July 08, 2005

Kid's College, Suji

Welcome to Kid's College. Mr. Kim says it's the best school around. Famous, in fact, because of its quality teachers. Ha.

P7040146

There are a number of cute pint-size activities, like computers for example.

P7040147

This is my class, also known as "Happy Class" which makes me "Happy Teacher". Happy happy happy. Other classes are Joyful and Cherry. You can see pizzas on the wall that we made and there's not much else in this classroom. It's a little sweaty jermbox.

P7040140

Here are some of my kiddies. This is Peter who is absolutely adorable and good. He knows his colours and can almost write his English name. I love him. Next to him is Ashley who is a pretty sweet little girl, though she likes to test me and follows the other bad behaviour in the classroom.

P7040155

Here we have little Elliot. I think something might be wrong with little Elliot. Well, maybe not really. On the first day he semi-cried, semi- just stared ahead and didn't do anything. Now, a week later, he'll need special encouragment to touch crayon to paper and he is very hesitant to speak. Maybe once a day he'll brighten up and exude some kind of animation, but for the most part he reminds me of plastercine. I like him anyway.

Next to him is little Mindy, the one I thought was so much younger than the others. Apparently she's around the same age, only really small. She didn't smile for the first few days but she's starting to warm up and she looks incredibly adorable when she isn't frowning or scowling. She is on the lower end of English speaking ability and she doesn't respond to me when I call her name. She's definitely got her own agenda.

Beside her in the distance you can see Wendy and Elizabeth. Wendy is probably the most advanced person in the class in terms of writing and colouring. She can write her name and colour very well. She is not particularly talkative, however. Beside her is Elizabeth who is moody and a handful. She's one of the ringleaders for bad behaviour. It's difficult to get her to smile.

P7040151

Here is Brian. He was the crier on the first day of school, clutching his mummy for dear life. Now he's the life of the party. He speaks the most English by far, and with a little bit of an English accent, it sounds like. But he can't really write his name and he's not so great at colouring or cutting. He likes to say "I can't do it!" He translates for me sometimes when I can't understand Mindy's demands.

P7040156

Missing from these pictures is Yoon, who was away the day I brought my camera. He doesn't like to listen at all as his English level is pretty low. Okay, nonexistant. But he'll respond to encouragement. Lots of encouragement.

So that's my class. They are a real handful but when they're good they're a lot of fun. They are all so adorable, I have to admit.

8 Comments:

At July 08, 2005 5:32 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Of course your school is famous. I've even heard of it this far south in Ulsan!

You're school sounds like fun. Well, as fun as teaching a bunch of little germy rugrats can be! I do actually like kids.

 
At July 08, 2005 5:34 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey, are you around? what's that calling card website again??

 
At July 08, 2005 10:25 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Jess,
Congrats on your first week abroad! Maybe I'll rethink my life plans and follow in your footsteps.
sounds challenging, but so eventful:)
Jen E.

 
At July 08, 2005 2:30 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

Where exactly is Suji?? Is it close to Bundang?? Just curious :)

 
At July 08, 2005 7:42 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Haha Jen, maybe I'll see you here. You and your blondness would stand out like a sore sore thumb!! :)

I'm not exactly sure if Suji is close to Bundang. It sounds familiar so I think so. It might be IN Bundang? I don't know. I'm in Yongin. It's near the Migeum and Ori subway stops.

 
At July 09, 2005 10:01 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

yup...you're near Bundang..or in Bundang not sure how it works...I know where Ori is on the yellow line..so ur not far outside of Seoul at all.

 
At July 09, 2005 7:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny reading about your kids and the trouble makers...I have the same thing in my ESL class, but with 2 fifteen year old kids who love to test me...haha, seems like kids never change. But I am definitely attached to these kiddies- just as you will be. Enjoy it!!!

 
At July 09, 2005 8:22 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, funny! Ha ha ha. How's your camp going anyway? Are you enjoying the experience? Is Israel confirmed? How're the living arrangements right now??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home