Saturday, July 02, 2005

Pictures!

I know you're dying to see some pictures of life here, so here we go. Click on any to see them bigger, or to see the whole album.

These are the bags I took with me for my year long stay. I regret not bringing a fitted sheet and a power converter. I'm so glad I brought a computer.

My bags are packed

Here is me sitting in the airport parking lot waiting for my director to bring the car around. It took unusually long and after seeing the look on his face upon my arrival, I was seriously wondering if he was ever going to come back for me.

Me wondering if my director would return with his car

He finally did come and after all the uncomfortable stuff I already told you about, I finally was alone in my new home.

Here's the view when you just step in the door.

Welcome to my apartment!!

Then you turn right and see this.

My room

This is the view from my bed. That's the bathroom door on the right and a bit of the sliding kitchen door on the left.

my bathroom door again

And one more view of things for your eye feasting pleasure.

All unpacked

Here's a shot of Sugi. I love the look of these packed buildings but I have no idea what the signs say.

Suji!

This is a view of the Galbi restaurant we ate at. They put us in the foreigner corner. Apparently my coworkers are always seated here. That's okay with me.

The restaurant

This last picture is of another bunch of stores and offices that I can't read. I was taking my first of many walks to Lotte Mart.

On my way to Lotte Mart

The end.

5 Comments:

At July 02, 2005 8:15 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

looks just like my a-pat-eu...
good ol' moga one room....

hope you're enjoying yourself...

 
At July 02, 2005 11:25 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

wow your place is cute! Glad to hear you're having a nice time!

 
At July 02, 2005 9:31 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

what's moga room? One room? My dictionary has nothing in it!

Thanks, SSSC. I checked out your site. Have a good last week!

Dad, I have no idea what the signs say. What else do you want described?

 
At July 03, 2005 6:28 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

HA HA no, not yet. I haven't seen any neighbour yet actually. My building is kind of small so there are only four apartments on my floor and I know one of them is being rented in August for a new teacher coming (I wish it was D'Arcy but it probably won't be!)

 
At July 04, 2005 5:28 p.m. , Blogger p.p. said...

Typical Canadian! I had two Canadian roommates while in Europe and they loved to display their flag! Interesting that they called ME the nationalist. Ha!

But, then again, Canada doesn't go around invading other countries.

Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home