Monday, June 27, 2005

Look who's here


I guess this is really happening, eh? Two very important pieces of paper arrived today, the first one being my plane ticket. Yee-haw! I didn't have to pay a cent for this sucker. Thanks Mr. Kim director man. The other important document that arrived is my sealed transcripts. The Korean goverment has recently implemented a new requirement for the E-2 visa of sealed, not loose, university transcripts. Upon discovering this news I sent in a request to the office of the registrar on Monday, indicating that I wanted them sent by courier. They didn't arrive all week so I called the office on Friday to see what was going on. Apparently they failed to notice that request and had sent them through the regular mail. Thankfully they arrived today, just in time.

I've been seeing people and saying goodbye but still feeling rather apathetic to the whole thing. It's nice to see my friends and family and everytime I say goodbye to another person I get hit with this feeling of realization that this is happening now. Besides that I'm very calm and collected. Today I practiced my non-existant sewing skills, attaching my Canadian flag to my pack while listening to Canadian radio with pride. Ha. The rest of the day is open for whatever I decide. I think I should head to the bank to replace my interac card that was eaten by a machine in the subway a few months ago. Then I have to try to get my internet banking account up and running for once and for all. Then I have to do a load of laundry and figure out how in the world I can fit one year's worth of clothes into two relatively small bags. That'll be an adventure in itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home