Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Actually, yesterday went much better. Most of the day I had very little problems. I came up with some creative tactics that worked. Okay, one creative tactic. I offered the kids a chance to come up to the whiteboard and write a letter on it, but only if they were sitting nicely in their chairs. It worked like a charm and they loved the chance to do it! Unfortunately, little Mindy doesn't seem to understand anything so she was coming right up to me to have her turn without sitting on her chair. Ohh, little Mindy. What am I going to do with her?

The problem with"putting her in her place" now is that she's only three years old. How can I put a three year old in her place? I think my mom is right; that I need to win her trust and affection and then I can get her to comply with the rules more, but she's really a scowly little girl who wants"PINK-UH" or nothing. I have hardly seen her smile. She is a good colour-er though. Oh me oh my, what shall I do. A three year old hates me.

Last night I ate pretty well thanks to the malfunction of a coworkers refridgerator and her need to cook all her meat at once. Mmm. Then I went to bed early because I was exhausted and I didn't end up planning my lessons for today. No problem. I'm a pro now after two days...cough.

Ben Glickman from Footprints sent me this really nice email. He said he heard that I got a job without him and he'd just like to thank me for applying, blah blah blah. Well thanks for caring NOW, Ben. That's fabulous.

Okay, better get going! Tonight I'm taking my first trip into Seoul. Alone. I gotta see a guy about a thing. I'm going to check out guitars, actually. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At July 05, 2005 11:41 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Ben might be a little slow off the draw...

 
At July 06, 2005 5:34 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I hope you're right Margie! Right now it's looking like a frustrating year ahead, but I can appreciate the experience regardless.

Might be?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home