Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Chip, Chip!

An important word for an English teacher in Korea to know is "chip". It means bathroom. Usually it is accompanied by frantic dancing and crotch clutching, so meaning is conveyed whether you know the word or not.

Today I had the exciting experience of watching little Elliot call out "chip" as a steady stream of pee rushed onto the floor and gathered around his ankles. I guess he had drank a lot at breakfast. Once again the Korean helpers were summoned and not one kid seemed to notice in the class. Excellent.

What else will I be lucky enough to witness this week? Vomit, pee... what's next? Only time will tell, my friends!

I'm working on my lesson plans at school and awaiting D'Arcy's arrival. She's probably driving slowly along the highway with Saenk-Yu, wishing she were either asleep or dead. Ha ha, sucker.

8 Comments:

At July 13, 2005 3:42 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Well I haven't witnesses puke or piss yet, but I have had a kid poo. I don't even teach kindergarden!

Between the two of us, we've now witnesses the three Ps.

 
At July 13, 2005 7:59 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, Margie, laugh it up!!! Glad you can enjoy this from the comfort of your Ontario home! :)

Are there any other letters to watch out for besides P? Hmm...

I'm thinking ED... Explosive Diarhea.

 
At July 13, 2005 5:26 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Aahhh, projectile vomiting would be a good one!!

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I still think he's okay. Though he's been misbehaving more and more. I can handle a little pee.

I forgot to mention that it turned out he had a fever later in the day so perhaps that had something to do with the accident.

 
At July 13, 2005 11:43 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I've already got the projectile vomitting covered. ;)

 
At July 13, 2005 11:56 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

This is where you should go this weekend:

The Boryeong Mud Festival.

http://www.mudfestival.or.kr/english/

 
At July 14, 2005 1:04 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, so I've been told. Are you not coming up to these parts then? Or do you want to go to the festival?

 
At July 14, 2005 6:34 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like "chip" is a kid's word for bathroom, because the one you see on signs and from adults is "hwa-jang-shil."

I had never realized that not having kids pissing themselves was one of the perks of my job.

 
At July 14, 2005 7:48 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Feel free to rub it in as much as you like. I can handle it. I think...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home